Now on PBS
Saturday 25 March 2017
We are proud to announce an exciting new collaboration with independent community music organisation Foreign Brothers – MOMENTUM, a monthly party taking place at The Evelyn.
It all kicks off on Saturday March 25th, and will happen on the last Saturday of every month! Tickets available here.
After building a strong reputation for being an inclusive, diverse jam session opened to all kinds of creative minds every second week since 2015, Momentum will now be transforming into a monthly, full venue takeover of The Evelyn featuring live music showcases of emerging and established artists in the band room, an all-night jam session in the public bar and a rotating line-up of PBS DJs.
Eclectic by nature but strongly rooted in the funk, hip-hop, neo-soul and jazz scene, Momentum is an opportunity to showcase the amazing array of sounds emerging from our local community (and beyond) and simultaneously nourish the already strong connection between the PBS family and the vibrant Melbourne music scene.
For MOMENTUM: Chapter #001, we will cross the boundaries between HipHop & Dancehall Sounds, collaborating with Bevin Campbell and Emelyne from The Blend with a triple-launch and a full roster of live acts across two stages:
- MONK (LIVE) releasing his debut LP with a full band featuring musicians from the Black Jesus Experience
- The powerful Dancehall duo Bahdoesa (LIVE) launching their new mixtape
- Yaw Faso (LIVE) brings his innovative Afro and electronic sounds to the stage and launches his single
- The warm rhymes and melodic beats of duo Man Made Mountain (LIVE)
- Multi-talented hiphop R&B queen Candy Borquay (LIVE)
- Bevin Campbell and Emelyne (The Blend, PBS) and Danny OSX (Foreign Brothers) on the decks
- With The CoreTet jamming in the public bar before, during and after!
- Plus, epic visuals courtesy of Rhys Newling, Montanasa Studios on video duties with the good guys at Jaben Audio help making it all possible.
The purpose and philosophy of the event is grounded in a community approach, where emerging artists will be given capacity and an opportunity to showcase their craft in front of a larger audience along with more established acts. Through this, we also expect to create or spark informal creative connections between musicians and DJs while offering our audience a unique experience at each event with a different musical style at the core each month.
Don’t miss the opening night! Tickets: PBS Members $15 // Future Members $20
MOMENTUM: Chapter #001
Saturday March 25th
The Evelyn Hotel
351 Brunswick St, Fitzroy
Proudly presented by PBS 106.7FM and Foreign Brothers